Another week has almost passed by and I just realized that I hadn't posted to this blog yet . . .
As I was thinking about what the topic of my post should be, I ran across this article, 10 Steps to Better Blogs, in this month's issue of University Business.
Karine Jolie, the prolific blogger behind collegewebeditor.com and a regular UB contributor, provides the following pointers:
1. GET STRATEGIC WITH TOPIC, AUDIENCE, AND GOALS.
2. GET TACTICAL WITH TONE, FREQUENCY, AND LENGTH.
3. SELECT YOUR BLOGGING PLATFORM WISELY.
4. HELP READERS FIND POSTS EASILY.
5. HELP YOUR READERS ENGAGE WITH YOUR CONTENT.
6. HELP YOUR READERS COME BACK OFTEN.
7. START CONVERSATIONS, NOT MONOLOGUES.
8. PROMOTION? THINK OUTSIDE THE BLOG!
9. CHECK THE BLOG'S VITALS OFTEN.
10. KEEP (IT) UP!
Wanna know the details behind each of these pointers? (You know you do!) You'll just have to read the article 10 Steps to Better Blogs yourself.